Metal associates promise their customers the best quality ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Keeping in view the standards of quality, one of the specialized products of Metal Associates is the bronze coil. Bronze Coils are formed when copper is combined with other metals such as tin. With impressive toughness and corrosion-fatigue resistance, it has a lot of applications in the electrical sector. Moreover, bronze's long-lasting quality makes it excellent for severe environments because it doesn't need to be maintained or replaced frequently. Some of the critical uses of bronze coils are:
- Bronze coils have become a critical component in the automotive and marine technology industries.
- Its resistance to seawater corrosion and rust has made it popular in the maritime sector.
- When a bronze coil has served its function, it may be reused to make new coils while retaining its original strength, conductivity, and corrosion resistance.
Bronze Coils at Metal Associates
Aware of all the ups and downs of the market trends regarding ferrous and non-ferrous metals, Metal Associates have made the use of pure quality copper metal in combination with tin metal to produce exceptional bronze coils. There are several ways that Metal Associates uses bronze coils, from catering to customers’ different demands to domestic and industrial applications. Following are some of the valuable applications of bronze coils:
- Bronze Coil, due to its brilliant qualities, is extensively used in the automotive manufacturing industry and marine technology industry.
- The bronze coil is often used in the fabrication of coins, hardware mounts, ceiling or wall panels, ship hardware, and other vehicle parts because of its corrosion resistance and unusual coloration.
- Architectural bronze can also be treated with specific lacquers applied on a regular basis.
- Sparks can be generated by steel instruments such as hammers, mallets, axes, and wrenches. They can offer a major safety danger if utilized in close proximity to combustible items. That is why bronze coils are employed to make common material for these instruments.
Materials in Bronze Coils
We all know that copper has many alloys because of its great machinability and resistance. Bronze is one of the most important alloys of copper that is made from copper and tin. To get a good idea of the parent metals of bronze, here is a general overview of some of the useful properties of copper:
- Conductivity is high
- Exceptional ductility
- Heat conductivity is good
- Resistance to corrosion
- Machinability is excellent
- Biofouling resistance and antimicrobial characteristics
Furthermore, as already mentioned, copper is mixed with tin, so the following are some of the useful properties of tin:
- Tin is a silvery-white metal that is malleable and flexible.
- Because it is shielded by an oxide covering, tin is not quickly oxidized and resists corrosion.
- Tin is resistant to corrosion when exposed to the distilled sea and gentle tap water, but it is vulnerable to strong acids, alkalis, and acid salts.
How are Bronze Coils Made?
Bronze is prepared by heating the copper and then adding tin into the heated copper. Both metals are required to be in a melted state in order to get a uniform mixture. As soon as a uniform mixture is produced, it is poured into molds. Finally, being a malleable metal, bronze is made into coils of long lengths and rolled up.
Metal Associates is a metal supplier that specializes in the distribution of high quality copper, brass and bronze products. Along with those, we supply customers all across the board with ferrous and non-ferrous metals and metal alloys such as aluminum, carbon steel, cupronickel and invar. In addition, because we are a full line distributor, we are able to offer our metal products in virtually all shapes, sizes and tempers. In addition to our metal and stock metal shape products like brass plates, we offer products, such as waveguide tubing and lock wire, for specific applications. Here at Metal Associates, we are committed to providing our customers with outstanding metal products for their projects that are long-lasting and reliable. We believe in quality. To make sure that you are satisfied and that you get those “hard to find” alloys that you are looking for; we will work with you every step of the way. There is no project too challenging for our highly trained staff. If you have any special requests then do not hesitate to let one of our representatives know. Call, email, fax us or submit an information request to learn more
. We cannot wait to work with you.